WHAT IS GREEN CLEANING?
‘Green Cleaning’ refers to cleaning in a manner which protects the user’s health, without causing environmental damage or the production of air pollutants.
Green cleaning brands are products that have been manufactured from organic, naturally occurring ingredients. Consequently, these eco-friendly products can help to reduce your allergy symptoms and limit your likelihood of developing further allergies to pollens, spores, mites, dander and other particulates.
Switching to green cleaning practices by using products that are non-toxic have a myriad of benefits:
- Improves the air quality of your home
- Helps to alleviate symptoms of asthma, allergies and other respiratory conditions.
- Because your skin will absorb fewer pollutants, you can benefit from an improved complexion, reduced skin irritation heightened resilience against long-term health conditions such as bronchitis, cancer, even heart disease.
- Using green cleaning products has also been linked to preventing children from developing asthma, one of the leading chronic illnesses amongst school-age children.
- Decrease VOC air pollution. In the short term, this type of VOC air pollution can cause eye, nose and throat irritation, as well as headaches, loss of coordination and nausea. However, in the long term, it can have more severe health side effects including irreparable damage to your kidneys, liver and central nervous system – as well as increasing the risk of certain cancers.
- Anti-bacterial agents found in soaps and hand sanitizers, such as triclosan, have been shown to cause human thyroid and hormonal disruption. In this manner, switching to green cleaning can significantly safeguard the health of you and your family.