Have you ever wondered about what items you can recycle and in which bin to place them? Do you question what items constitute Household Hazardous Waste?
You’re not alone. Beginning in April, City of Ventura Environmental Sustainability joined forces with a new program that takes the guesswork out of recycling —Recycle Coach.
Already serving more than 3,000 communities in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, Recycle Coach is a technology company that develops comprehensive digital solutions to optimize collection, waste, and recycling programs. Providing valuable tools that assist and educate residents with information on how to reduce their household waste and become better recyclers, Recycle Coach can be accessed for free from desktop computers, mobile devices, and through digital assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
“Recycle Coach is a simple, interactive platform that makes it easy for people to get and organize information as well answer questions and get information with ease,” said City of Ventura Environmental Specialist Brandon Kaysen. “The platform has been proven to help reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill as well as transform communication regarding local collection, waste, and recycling.”
With Recycle Coach, residents can:
- Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
- Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
- Become recycling experts with a comprehensive “What Goes Where?” search tool, including local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
- Take the “What Type of Recycler Are You?” quiz for useful recycling tips and tricks
- Use the problem-reporting tool, equipped
Find out how you can become a better recycler today by downloading the Recycle Coach app for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play.
For more information, https://www.cityofventura.ca.gov/264/Residential-Services or email Brandon Kaysen at firstname.lastname@example.org