Buying fresh, locally produced produce helps the sustainability of the community! Sustainable Ventura News visits with the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach’s new City of Ventura Certified Green Business Nom Tequilia Grill and Chef Luis Martinez whips up a fantastic “Tequila Grilled Salmon Salad with Strawberry & Chipotle Vinaigrette” made with fresh, local ingredients.
Tequila Grilled Salmon
- ½ c. Tequila
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- ½ c. freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 T. fresh garlic, minced (3 cloves)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Salmon Fillets (6 oz. each )
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the salmon fillets. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the salmon from sticking.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill about 3 minutes;
- Turn the salmon and cook for another 3 minutes, until just cooked through.
Strawberries & Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 1 c. fresh strawberries
- ¼ c. honey
- ½ c. rice vinegar
- ¼ c. freshly squeezed orange Juice
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Put in a blender the strawberries, honey, rice vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, salt, garlic, Dijon muster, cilantro chipotle and blend in till is all purée consistence add the olive oil slowly to emulsify the dressing.
- Important use within 72 hours.
Recipes Courtesy of Executive Chef Luis Martinez C.E.C., Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Visit: Nom Tequila Grill