- Electronic Waste – Because of toxic components, the State of California has declared that electronic items such as: televisions, computers and monitors, laptops, telephones, cell phones, FAX machines, microwave ovens, radios, stereos, VCR’s, and other electronic equipment can no longer go into the regular trash that goes to landfills. To safely dispose of these items, Ventura residents and businesses may drop them off for FREE at Gold Coast Recycling, 5275 Colt Street during their regular hours of operation. They are open from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Call 805 642-9236 to confirm current hours of operation. Bring proof of residency or business in Ventura, such as a utility bill.
- Green Waste – Green Waste is organic material such as leaves, grass clippings, twigs, branches and wood scraps. All green waste collected by E.J. Harrison is taken to Agromin Premium Soil Products facilities where it is ground into small pieces and used as mulch or burned for energy. Green waste makes up about 36% of the City’s total waste stream, so it is important for the City to divert as much of this waste as possible.
- Residential Green Waste or Yard Waste – Each resident with trash service from E.J. Harrison receives a 100-gallon green waste bin at no additional cost. Green Waste bins are collected once every two weeks and recycled into mulch and soil amendments at Agromin Premium Soil Products facilities. We encourage residents to compost green waste whenever possible. The City offers Composting Workshops in the spring and fall. Watch this website for dates and details. Compost Bin Subsidy Program
- Commercial Green Waste – Any business that does not have an outside landscaping service and generates over 100 gallons of green waste per week will be offered green waste service with no increase to their monthly rate. Businesses can also self-haul their green waste to Gold Coast Recycling, which has a lower tipping fee than other disposal sites.
- Agromin Premium Soil Products
- Agromin specializes in processing, managing, recycling and marketing wood and green waste materials. Since the company was founded in 1990 they have:
- Diverted more than 1,000,000 tons of wood and green waste from landfills
- Generated cost savings of more than $15 million for the cities served
Learn More about Recycling:
Also visit: http://www.cityofventura.net/HHW